Friday, July 30, 2010

Disconnected

My bags were packed, I had everything I needed, I checked and double checked and left Virginia confident I was the most prepared traveler that had ever trekked a journey. I arrived at JFK late last night and took the cab ride to my hotel, The Westin New York at Times Square, a beautiful grand hotel, yes it's a splurge but I got a real good deal online and aside from that I wanted one last good look at what I'm trying to walk away from. Maybe that makes no sense but it does to me. I made my way up to my room and decided I was going to blog, popped open my Macbook, turned it on and... nothing! Dead battery. I reached into my Macbook case for the charger and... nothing! I had left ALL of my chargers at home! Cell, Macbook, Blackberry. I spent my first morning in the Big Apple running around finding "juice" for my electronic devices. Lewis and Clark would be proud. My people watching was delayed, but I'm sure Central Park isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment